一、 Countries And Nationalities 国家和国籍
751. Where are you from? 你来自哪儿？
752. What's your nationality? 你是什么国籍？
753. What's your motherland? 你祖国是哪儿？
754. Are you a native Chinese? 你是土生土长的中国人吗？
755. What's the population of China? 中国有多少人口？
756. How many provinces do you have? 你们有多少个区？
757. What's the capital of your country? 贵国首都是哪儿？
758. I come from Japan. 我来自日本。
759. I was born in China and brought up in the U.S.A. 我出生在中国，在美国长
760. My country has an area of 500,000 square kilometers. 我国面积五十万平
761. The capital of my country id Beijing. 我国首都是北京。
762. We have 50 provinces. 我们有50个省。
763. My country is rich in natural resources. 我国自然资源丰富。
764. That nation is famous for its tourism. 那个国家以旅游业闻名。
765. The biggest festival in my country is the Spring Festival. 我国最大的节
二、 Geography And Land Features 地理和地貌
766. Geographically, China is located in the Northern Hemisphere.
767. In this country, the weather is usually very awful. 在这个国家，天气通
768. It is a very beautiful country with many mountains. 这是一个多山的美丽
769. This country is famous for its beautiful lakes. 这个国家以其美丽的湖泊
770. The land in this region is rather dry and parched. 这片土地十分干燥。
771. Along the northern coast of this continent, there are many crags.
772. In Brazil, many ancient forests are very well preserves.
773. Lumbering is very important in some underdeveloped countries.
774. The scenery is very beautiful in the small islands in the Pacific
775. What kind of climate do you have in this country? 这个国家的气候如何？
776. In the west of America, there are many high peeks and deep canyons.
777. Which one is the longest river in China? 中国哪条河流最长？
778. Do you get much rain in summer? 这里夏天雨水多吗？
779. Is the plain along the river good for farming? 河畔的平原易于发展农业吗
780. It's cold and foggy in London at this time of the year.
三、 School And Education 学校和教育
781. Every one must receive 9 years of compulsory education.
782. Children enter primary school at the age of 7. 孩子们7岁进小学。
783. Some students quit school due to poverty. 一些学生因贫困而辍学。
784. There is fierce competition in the college Entrance Examination. 高考竞
785. He majored in Computers. 他主修计算机。
786. She is working for her double major in English and Economics.
787. I graduated from Yale University 5 years ago. 五年前，我从耶鲁大学毕
788. It is desirable to apply to good schools. 申请好学校是令人向往的。
789. Mary is in her freshman year. 玛丽大学一年级。
790. Lily is a Sophomore now. 莉莉现在大学二年级。
791. Mike is already a junior. 迈克已经大学三年级了。
792. As a senior, Peter is writing his thesis. 作为大学四年级学生，彼得正在
793. Mr. Green is a member of the faculty. 格林先生是大学教员。
794. In Britain, there are open universities. 在英国，有成人大学。
795. There are many training classed and night classes. 有许多培训班与夜校。
四、 About Jobs 关于工作
796. What does your father do? 你父亲做什么工作？
797. He is a doctor. He has his own practice. 他是个医生，他自己开业。
798. Do you have any plan for your career? 你对未来有什么计划吗？
799. I want to be a pilot of possible. 如果可能的话，我想做个飞行员。
800. I hope that I can get a decent job with a good salary.
801. I have an interview next week. 我下周要参加考试。
802. Tom has opened his own business while his classmates are still slogging
away at school.
803. I like writing, but I wouldn't take it as my career. 我喜欢协作但不愿以
804. I worked as an intern in that firm last summer. 去年夏天我在那家商行实
805. He's a very efficient young man though a little proud.
806. He made a successful career in business. 他的商务生涯十分成功。
807. My cousin has just been promoted to the rank of major. 我表兄刚被提升为
808. He is a manager of a famous corporation. 他是一家著名公司的经理。
809. The statesman retired as the mayor of New York. 那位政治家退休时是纽约
810. He was appointed president of the committee recently.
五、 Farms And Factories 农场和工厂
811. This area is noted for its rich soil. 这个地区以土壤肥沃著称。
812. The place is too stony for farming. 这地方太多石块，不适合耕种。
813. In the flat country, people grow wheat and raise cattle.
814. He has bought 10 tractors for the village. 他为村里买了10台拖拉机。
815. What's the typical farm product in this region? 这个地区典型的农产品是
816. At this time of the year farmers begin to plow their fields.
817. Have you milked the cows? 你已经挤过奶了吗？
818. Pile the hay in the corner. 把干草堆到边上。
819. What's the average yearly output of cars in your factory?
820. The meat packing industry is developing fast. 肉类加工业发展迅速。
821. Car manufacturers are having a bad time. 汽车制造商的日子不好过。
822. State-owned enterprises are getting out of difficulty. 国有企业开始走上
823. How many workshops are there in your factory? 你们厂有多少车间？
824. The computer industry is booming. 计算机业繁荣起来。
825. The information industry helps boost the global economy.
六、 About Hobbies 关于爱好
826. Do you have any hobbies? 你有什么爱好吗？
827. What are you interested in? 你对什么比较感兴趣？
828. What are your interests? 你的爱好是什么？
829. What do you do in your spare time? 空闲时间你干什么？
830. How do you spend your evenings? 夜生活你都是怎么过的？
831. Lots of people like stamp collecting. 许多人喜欢集邮。
832. I am a Michael Jordan fan. 我是迈克尔·乔丹迷。
833. Does his film appeal to you? 你喜欢他的电影吗？
834. Do you go on picnics? 你常去郊游吗？
835. I particularly like English literature. 我对英国文学情有独钟。
836. What's so interesting about football? We girls don't like it.
837. She has a particular interest in painting. 她特别爱好绘画。
838. I often take my mind off my work by reading an interesting novel.
839. He plays violin just for enjoyment. 他拉小提琴只是为了自娱自乐。
840. Photography is an expensive hobby. 摄影是门花费很多的爱好。
七、 Recreational Activities 文体活动
841. What's your favorite sport? 你最喜欢什么活动？
842. I like football. 我最喜欢足球。
843. What position do you play? 你踢什么位置？
844. I'm a catcher. 我是个接球员（垒球运动中）。
845. Our team beat their team yesterday. 昨天，我们队打败了他们队。
846. We are sure to defeat them. 我们一定会打败他们。
847. How many years have you been playing pingpong? 你打乒乓球多少年了？
848. My favorite winter sport is skiing. 我最喜欢的动机运动是滑雪。
849. The basketball championship is exciting. 那次篮球冠军赛真激动人心。
850. I was on the track team 10 years ago. 十年前，我在田径队。
851. I prefer fishing to swimming. 比起游泳，我更喜欢钓鱼。
852. She is a member of the ski club. 她是滑雪俱乐部的成员。
853. The hardest thing to learn is to be a good loser. 最难学的一点是做一个
854. My class went camping last summer. 去年夏天我们班去露营了。
855. He's good at lifting weights. 他善于举重。
八、 About Newspapers And Magazines 关于报纸杂志
856. I subscribed to a lot of periodicals last year. 去年我订了许多期刊。
857. Tom reads newspapers in the afternoon. 汤姆下午读报。
858. What kind of newspapers do you read? 你读什么样的报纸？
859. Newspapers and periodicals keep me updated on current affairs.
860. What column do you like best? 你最喜欢哪个栏目？
861. Which do you like better, the news or the editorial? 新闻和评论你最喜欢
862. Do you read advertisements too? 你也看广告吗？
863. I recommend to you Time and Newsweek. They are excellent.
864. Fashion is a very popular magazine in America. 《时尚》是美国很流行的杂
865. What's the circulation of this magazine? 这杂志发行量怎么样？
866. Why don't you put an advertisement in the paper to sell that old car?
867. I once took a part-time job delivering the Evening Post. 我曾干过送晚报
868. Have you read the article about the rescue of the hostage?
869. There was much news in the morning paper today. 今天的晨报上有许多新
870. My friend Tom is a reporter for the New York Times. 我朋友汤姆是《纽约
九、 Radio And TV 收音机和电视机
871. What channel are you watching now? 现在你在看哪个新闻？
872. There's TV coverage of the NBA tournament. 有个NBA联赛的电视报道。
873. Do you have a TV guide? 你有电视节目吗？
874. You'll be on air in two minutes. 两分钟以后你会上电视。
875. Channel 5 is off the air now. 五频道已经停止播放。
876. Turn up your radio please. 请你把收音机开响一点儿。
877. We can't get good pictures on our TV set. 我们的电视机图象有问题。
878. Can this radio receive short-wave? 这个收音机能收短波吗？
879. If you install an outside antenna, you will have better reception.
880. Turn down the radio please. 请放低音量。
881. We'll have a soap opera series on TV this week.
882. Please tune in next time. 请下次收听。
883. We're broadcasting from London. 我们从伦敦播放。
884. You can receive our program at short wave 37.5 MH.
885. There's too much static. 干扰太大。
十、 About Music And Literature 关于音乐和文学
886. What's your favorite music? 你最喜欢什么音乐？
887. Do you often go to a concert? 你经常去听音乐会吗？
888. I hate Jazz. It's too noisy. 我讨厌爵士，太吵了。
889. Do you like pop music? 你喜欢流行音乐吗？
890. I have never heard the piece before, who wrote it? 我从没听过这首曲子，
891. What do you think of their skill? 你觉得他们演奏技术如何？
892. I find classical concerts more to my liking than rock concerts.
893. I've never read a more stirring story. 我从来没读过比这更令人激动的故
894. He has a passion for literature. 他很热衷于文学。
895. I am most attracted by Dickens. 狄更斯的作品更吸引我。
896. I never grow tired of novels though I read them everyday.
897. On Sundays I often spend some time reading in the library.
898. What do think about this poem? 你觉得这首诗怎么样？
899. I like Shakespeare better than Milton. 与弥尔顿比起来，我更喜欢莎士比
900. How much do you know about the works of George Eliot?